Michigan Visiting Care has provided community flu immunization and wellness clinics since 1994. Our experienced staff of registered nurses manages on-site clinics that provide flexibility and efficiency for organizations, their staff, and the community at large.
Immunization clinics may be hosted at a variety of settings such as:
- Senior Centers
- Grocery Stores
- Senior Living Facilities
- Corporate Locations
- Community Centers
- And Many Others
For a list of public flu clinics, click here.
UMHS patients and families: For a list of flu clinics located at the UMHS Health Centers, click here
Shots are competitively priced, and the following insurances are accepted as payment for the flu shot:
- Blue Care Network
- BCN Advantage
- Medicare Plus Blue PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO
- Blue Cross Complete
- HAP HMO and PPO
- Health Plus HMO/PPO/POS/MIChild
- HealthPlus MedicarePlus Advantage HMO/PPO
- PHPMM HMO and PPO
- Priority Health HMO and PPO
- Priority Health Medicare Advantage
- Traditional Medicare Part B
- UM Premier Care
Other payment options include: cash, check or credit card.
Facts about the Flu:
- Flu is a serious contagious disease. Each year in the United States, on average, more than 200,000 people are hospitalized and 36,000 people die from seasonal flu complications.
- CDC recommends a yearly seasonal flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against seasonal influenza.
- One out of four unvaccinated people say they have not been vaccinated because it wasn't convenient or it didn't fit into their schedules.
For additional information about Michigan Visiting Care's Immunization & Wellness Program, please contact Tracy Newhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 734-477-7229