MIHP consists of rotating monthly visits by a nurse, registered dietitian, and social worker. Get help gaining access to community resources near you such as: WIC food program, baby pantries, transportation, childbirth or parenting classes and more.
During your visits
- Learn how your baby is growing through different ages and stages of development.
- Get help with questions you may have about caring for your baby, or being pregnant.
- Gain support in making healthy lifestyle changes such as quitting or cutting down on smoking, drugs, or alcohol.
- Learn how to eat healthy during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding.
- Learn more about safe sleep practices for your baby.
- Get help with problems that can affect your pregnancy such as, asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, or anxiety.