We know that people recover more quickly from illness or injury when they are given the opportunity to stay in the familiar surroundings of their own home. Caregivers from Michigan Visiting Nurses have received special training in home care. We respect that the patient and family are inviting us into their home to provide care, so we pay great attention to selecting the right professionals.
When advanced care is needed, we will call on our team of professionals with highly specialized skills, such as infusion or wound care, to ensure that the patient is getting the best care available. Our health professionals include:
- Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
We have an efficient administrative and support staff to plan, coordinate and manage all of the patient's health care. Our staff will:
- Provide patients with a number to call for health or scheduling concerns as well as special requests, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Answer questions about costs, private billing or third-party reimbursement matters and eligibility in federal or state programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. Our staff will handle all paperwork required by insurers and government agencies.
- Communicate regularly with the referring physician about changes in the patient's condition and confer with the physician regarding modification to the plan of care being offered to the patient.
Our services are certified for reimbursement through Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross. We accept private pay, and participate with most commercial insurances or HMOs based upon actual costs. By carefully evaluating the reimbursement alternatives of each patient we are able to meet needs efficiently and economically.